This is a legacy product
Technical support is available for this product. Availability of repair services should be verified with a technical support agent.
QIP-D IPTV Decoder/Controller
TV and Display Control
Part Number: 5113-001
Size: 7.250 wide x 1.150 high x 3.600 deep
Distribution: AV over IP
Released: March 2018
More about IPTV Decoders
An IPTV decoder is an electronic circuit that decodes digital video and audio from a video encoder and converts the stream to uncompressed formats compatible with traditional television and video displays. Applications where various types of video displays are used to view video content over a network, will necessitate the use of an IPTV decoder. This can include flat panel monitors, LED video walls, video projectors, and consumer TVs.
About QIP-D IPTV Decoder/Controller
Contemporary Research’s QIP-D IPTV Decoder/Controller is the latest product for decoding IPTV streams and includes an integrated display controller.
Related Equipment & Software
TV and Display Control
Full Description & Specifications
Contemporary Research’s new QIP-D IPTV Decoder/Controller is the latest product for decoding IPTV streams and includes an integrated display controller. The QIP-D accepts MPEG-2 or H.264 single program or multiple program transport streams and is compatible with unicast or multicast UDP and RTP IPTV streams.
The QIP-D IPTV Decoder/Controller features HDMI output and video scaling from 480i to 4K. Users can select channels, volume, and power from the front panel controls, handheld IR remote, or external control system.
The integrated display controller can control power and source selection on the connected display device when used in conjunction with a Contemporary Research Display Control Center, Display Express, or a third-party control system. The QIP-D IPTV Decoder/Controller has an onboard control database of RS-232 protocols for common displays. The display type can be selected in the setup menu. As a result, custom programming is not required for display control when used with Display Express or a Contemporary Research Display Control Center. A channel list of programs can be uploaded from a PC running CR Toolbox software, a free application designed to connect and update CR products.
- HDMI selectable video output resolutions: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, and 4K
- HDMI embedded AC-3 pass-through, PCM Fixed, or PCM Variable
- SPDIF optical AC-3 pass-through, PCM Fixed, or PCM Variable
- Receives channel selection, volume, and display control commands over Ethernet from: 1) Display Express software, 2) a Contemporary Research display control center using Display Express Lite, or 3) a third-party control system directly
- Two-way control via RS-232 or telnet for use with third-party control systems.
- Channel list loaded or updated using CR Toolbox. Can be edited using RS-232 commands.
- Channel selection by direct channel entry or channel up/down.
- Control via front panel, optional IR remote, web pages, Display Express software, or RS-232 commands from ICE-HE-DXL or IP-DXL.
- RS-232 output for display control.
- CEC control available on HDMI output for most CEC enabled displays.
- Setup via On-screen menu, web pages, or RS-232 commands.
- Firmware updateable over Ethernet from CR Toolbox.
Distribution: AV over IP
- Size (HWD): 7.25” [184mm] wide (7.85 [200mm] including wings) x 1.150” [29mm] height x 3.6” [91mm] deep
- Weight: 13 oz [369 g]
- Enclosure: Aluminum with black powder coat paint
- Mounting: Screws through mounting flange or hook and loop tape
- Power: Po# 6W, or 11-14 VDC at 500 mA max
- Accepts UDP and RTP Ethernet streams
- Decodes MPEG2 or H.264 Video over IP streams with AC3, MP1/2, or AAC audio
- Supports single program (SPTS) and multiple program (MPTS) transport streams
- On-board closed caption decoder support EIA-708 and EIA-608 embedded closed captioning
- IR: IR sensor
- Status: Red/Green status LED
- Control: Menu, Up, Down and Select buttons for on-screen text setup menus
- Ethernet and Web page: RJ-45 100M Ethernet connector IP addresses for control and streaming
- Service: Female USB-A port for memory stick HD processor updates, accepts USB memory stick for local media file playback
- HDMI: HDMI Type A, 4K/HD video and digital audio, version 1.3 (4K 60 4:2:0/1080p/1080i/720p/480p)
- Audio: Simultaneous HDMI, SPDIF Optical, and Stereo
- Digital Audio SPDIF: Optical output, AC-3/AAC/PCM/Variable PCM 44 KHz/44.1 KHz
- Analog Audio Out: Stereo RCA audio, Mono, Stereo, variable level
- Control: Ethernet: RJ-45 100M Ethernet connector
- Supports IC-Net protocol and device ID for DHCP or static control, compatible with ICE-HE-DXL, Display Express software and custom control systems
- RS-232: DB-9 male for display control, supported by internal control type library
- I/O: 3.5mm stereo jack for CC-USB Power Sense cable, future I/O applications
- IR In: 3.5mm stereo jack for wired IR or optional IR-RS IR Remote Sensor
- Sleeve= DC power (GND)
- Ring= IR data signal
- Tip= DC 5V power+ from power jack input
- Power: IP: PoE at 6 watts
- Power In: 2.1mm coaxial jack (inside center conductor positive) .5A maximum, 11 to 14 VDC, 12 VDC typical
- Captioning: On-Screen: Displays on-screen digital captioning on all video ports
- Captioning Data: HDMI ports do not have the ability to carry captioning data
CR Toolbox is a PC application designed for Contemporary Research products that can be connected over IP or USB.