Contemporary Research Respects Your Privacy
Privacy and Data Protection
“Personal Data” means any information that identifies, or can be used to identify, an individual.
“Privacy and Data Protection Laws” means any and/or all laws, rules, directives and regulations, on any local, provincial, state, federal or national level, pertaining to data privacy, data security and/or the protection of Personal Data including, but not limited to: (a) the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and each European Union Member States’ national implementation thereof; (b) the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection Act) (2012); (c) the Belgian Privacy Law of 8 December 1992; (d) the Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, SC 2000, c 5 (PIPEDA); (e) the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore (PDPA); (f) additional privacy and data protection laws applicable to a data subject’s location; and (g) any successor legislation or regulations applicable thereto.
When Do We Collect Your Personal Data?
Contemporary Research may collect your personal data when you communicate with us by phone, e-mail, the Website or otherwise, in the context of:
- Browsing our Website or visiting our social media sites;
- Corresponding with Contemporary Research;
- Visiting our offices, events or facilities;
- Registering for and/or participating in our conferences, events, training or other activities;
- Requesting information, support, service, materials, assistance or other inquiries;
- Subscribing to a newsletter or other mailing list;
- Exchanging business cards;
- Completing Website contact forms, questionnaires, surveys, or contest entry forms or otherwise participating in these activities;
- Engaging in commercial relationships or other collaboration;
- Ordering or registering Contemporary Research products;
- Creating or registering an account;
- Uploading or downloading files;
- Verification of your identity as a data subject
The use of the Website is also governed by the Website Terms & Conditions, posted at: https://www.contemporaryresearch.com/terms-conditions/.
Which Types of Personal Data are Processed by Us?
Contemporary Research may process the following personal data:
- Name, surname, title, company, email address, phone number (mobile and landline), address, signature and other contact information;
- IP addresses;
- Location data;
- Cookie ID;
- Personal preferences regarding communications and/or products and services;
- Financial details (e.g. payment information, banking institution and point of contact, and credit information);
- Personal data regarding projects using Contemporary Research products and services;
- Personal data provided in your submissions, responses and feedback;
- Personal data regarding your interactions with Contemporary Research, including your use of the Website and of Contemporary Research’s products or services;
- Social media data, images, photos, and video; and
- Any other personal data provided by you or by your authorized Contemporary Research dealer or service provider.
For the avoidance of doubt, Contemporary Research does not collect any sensitive personal data, such as racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; genetic characteristics; health information; sexual preferences; information about children; criminal convictions; or biometric data, and we explicitly ask that you not to provide us with such data in your responses or feedback to us.
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
In order to better manage our own business needs and to better communicate with you, we may collect, analyze, use and otherwise process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries, questions and other requests;
- To optimize and manage the quality and content of our Website, including the ability to personalize and secure your Website experience;
- To create and maintain your customer and product accounts and registrations;
- To provide you with marketing, advertising, promotions, programs, offers and other opportunities; including newsletters, information on products and services, subscriptions, training, updates and direct marketing, which may be targeted, based on your communication preferences;
- To conduct customer satisfaction studies, surveys and other market research;
- To manage our events and activities, and invite you to events;
- To register visitors to our offices, facilities and events;
- To create promotional materials, including videos, photos, articles, case studies, newsletters and other materials regarding projects or events;
- To provide products, services, training, technical support, customer service and other assistance;
- To manage and perform our agreements and obligations;
- To respond to and follow up on business leads, opportunities, and contacts;
- To process payments, orders, invoicing, returns, collection and other requests;
- To provide pricing, quotations and custom configurations of our products and services;
- To grant you access to our software, training, technical information and other proprietary content;
- To evaluate, troubleshoot, analyze and improve the use, functionality, features, and performance of our products, services, training, technical support and customer service;
- To gather, analyze and maintain configuration and backup data regarding our products and services;
- To facilitate planning, analytics, forecasting and reporting regarding our products and services;
- To use for our internal business operations and processes, including business and financial record keeping, data management and business continuity; and
- To meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
Which Legal Basis Applies To Our Processing Of Your Personal Data?
The following legal grounds might apply to the processing of your personal data for the purposes mentioned above:
- Processing is necessary for the performance of your agreement with us or in order to take all pre-contractual steps;
- Processing takes place based upon our legitimate interest (comply with obligations, maintain business records, fraud prevention, network and information security, etc.). When carrying out this type of processing, we strive to strike a balance between this legitimate interest and respect for your privacy;
- You have given your consent to the processing (e.g. in case of direct marketing, for the processing of analytic cookies and for data transfers to third parties);
- In order for us to comply with our legal obligations (such as tax administration and record retention); or
- In very exceptional circumstances to protect your vital interest or that of someone else.
To Whom Do We Disclose Your Personal Data?
Contemporary Research may disclose your personal data to yourself, to Contemporary Research’s affiliates or to third parties, such as payment providers, transport partners, financial institutions, insurance companies, legal services, or certain other service providers or partners that Contemporary Research has a strategic relationship with, in order to fulfill our relationship with you in the most effective way.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Contemporary Research will disclose your personal data to a third party (such as competent authorities) if required to do so by law, during a legal proceeding, or if, in good faith, Contemporary Research believes that such action is necessary to comply with certain laws, rules or regulations.
How Do We Secure Your Personal Data?
We use a variety of security technologies and precautions, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol (encryption), to help protect your personal data from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, in accordance with industry standards. To protect any personal data stored on Contemporary Research servers or cloud-based storage, we regularly monitor our systems for vulnerabilities or attacks, and implement up to date information security measures.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Data?
Third Party Links on our Website
Contemporary Research’s Website is not intended for use by children, and its products and services are not sold to children. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we do not collect or maintain information from persons we know are under 18, and no part of the Website is designed to attract anyone under age 18.
What Are Your Rights and How Can You Exercise Them?
If you are a natural person, you have the right at all times to be informed about the personal data we process about you, and to the extent authorized under the applicable Privacy and Data Protection Laws, to request access, modification, limitation of processing, transfer or deletion of personal data, or to object to the processing of your personal data, subject to the exceptions within the applicable Privacy and Data Protection Laws.
If processing is based solely on your consent, you also have the right to revoke your consent at any time, without prejudice to the lawfulness of processing prior to revocation.
Through the contact options listed below, you can exercise the above rights regarding the processing of your personal data by Contemporary Research, except in cases where this would require a disproportionate effort on the part of Contemporary Research.
Please feel free to use the contact information listed below if you have any additional concerns regarding your personal data or your exercise of the above rights, and we will do our best to assist you.
If you contact us to exercise one of your rights under the applicable Privacy and Data Protection Laws, we will reply within one (1) month. In certain exceptional circumstances, we may take up to three (3) months to fully respond to you, but in such case we shall inform you why we require additional time to respond in our initial reply.
If we are unable to resolve an inquiry or request, where applicable, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority.
Contact Contemporary Research
3220 Commander Drive, Suite 102
Carrollton, TX 75006