This is a legacy product
Technical support is available for this product. Availability of repair services should be verified with a technical support agent.
ICC1-IR Display Controller
Part Number: 5011-001
Size: 5.500 wide x 1.100 high x 3.400 deep
Distribution: AV over RF
Released: March 1999
More about Display Control
Control systems are designed to simplify your AV technologies so the events and engagements that depend on them run effortlessly. Display Control allows users to centrally manage channel selection, volume, and power on and off of networked video displays.
About ICC1-IR Display Controller
The ICC1-IR IR TV Controller delivers economical 1-way control for display power, volume, and channels, receiving iCC-Net network commands over the same RF coax that carries the CATV channels.
Related Equipment & Software
Full Description & Specifications
The ICC1-IR IR TV Controller delivers economical 1-way control for display power, volume, and channels, receiving iCC-Net network commands over the same broadband coax that carries the CATV channels. Compact in size and price, the ICC1-IR features sensed power on/off control and intelligent tuning from a channel list stored in onboard non-volatile memory.
High-speed 1-way control is possible through the same RF cable that carries the TV channels, creating networked operation of distributed media systems without adding control wiring. Compatible with ABC-Net Media Networks and iC Commander software, the ICC1-IR can be networked with up to 4000 TV and Video Display controllers. For custom systems applications, all ICC1-IR units and other CR devices can be accessed from a single RS-232 port on an ICC-HE Head-End or Ethernet port on an ICE-HE Ethernet Head End.
Applications include media distribution and control for educational television systems, theme parks, museums, government facilities, arenas, convention centers, airports, and corporate video networks.
- Controls most brands of IR-controlled TVs, LCD and Plasma displays
- Manages channel access by changing the TV's internal available channel list
- Delivers absolute power control with included CC-HSD scan frequency sensor
- Offers discrete power on and off commands for selected models of LCD and Plasma displays
- Receives 1-way individual and zone commands from a single RS-232 port on the ICE-HE
- Provides LED feedback for network, IR control, and power status
- Restores all power and channel status after loss of power from data stored in non-volatile memory
- Mounts on the back of the TV for simplified control and RF installation
- Operates using Display Express software, as well as from RS-232 protocol from a custom-programmed PC or control system
Distribution: AV over RF
- Size: 5.5" [140mm] wide x 1.1" [28mm] high x 3.4" [86mm] deep
- Weight: 8 oz [226g]
- Enclosure: All aluminum with durable black powder coat paint
- Mounting: Mounts at rear of TV
- RF In: 'F', female, 75 ohm impedance, RF from CATV system, iCC-Net control
- RF Out: ‘F', female, 75 ohm impedance, RF to TV
- Low-loss internal tap - less than -1.5 dbmV loss
- Net LED: Green LED for iC-Net bus and DC power, flashes once per second if active
- IR Out: 3.5mm jack for CC-IRE IR Emitter cable or compatible CC-IRS serial cable
- Supports carrier frequencies up to 62 KHz
- IR Out LED: Red LED lights when sending IR commands
- Power Sensor: 3.5mm jack for included CC-HSD scan sensor or 5V logic-level input
- Power Sensor LED: Red LED lights when sensor indicates power on
- Power In: 2.1mm coaxial jack (inside center conductor positive), 75 mA maximum
- 11.5 to 16.5 VDC, 12 VDC typical (may be unregulated)
- DIP Switches: Located on bottom of unit, sets IR code operation and device number
- Operation: 1-way control, carried over the same RF coax connection as TV channels
- Data Receive: Mid-band VHF, 74.7MHz, sent from IC Head-End Network Controller , -25 to +35 dBmV signal level
ICC1-IRX Display Controller
The ICC1-IRX IR Display Controller delivers economical 1-way control for TV power, volume, and channels, receiving iCC-Net network commands over the same broadband coax that carries the CATV channels.