Warranty & Repair Policies
Contemporary Research warrants its manufactured products against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of three years from the day of purchase by authorized dealer. If Contemporary Research receives notice of such defects during the warranty period; Contemporary Research, at its option, will repair or replace products that prove to be defective.
Exclusions: The above warranty shall not apply to defects resulting from improper or inadequate maintenance by the customer, customers applied software or interfacing, unauthorized modifications or misuse, mishandling, operation outside the normal environmental specifications for the product, use of the incorrect, modified or extended power supply, acts of God, weather, or improper site operation and maintenance. Please note Contemporary Research SSV-DX Display Express PC and Luxul Managed Switch products carries a six-month limited warranty.
Product Service: Contemporary Research will test, repair, or replace the product or products without charge if the unit is under warranty. If the product is out of warranty, Contemporary Research will test, and then repair the product or products. The parts and labor charge will be estimated by a technician and confirmed by the customer prior to repair. All components must be returned for testing as a complete unit. Contemporary Research will not accept responsibility for shipment after it has left the premises.
Technical Support: Contemporary Research technicians will determine and discuss with the customer the criteria for repair and/or replacement. Contemporary Research Technical Support can be contacted through one of the following resources: e-mail support at [email protected] or phone at: 972-931-2728
Return Material Authorization (RMA) Number: Before returning a product for repair or replacement, request an RMA from Contemporary Research’s technical support. Provide tech support with a return phone number, e-mail address, shipping address, product serial numbers and original purchase order number. Describe the reason for repairs or returns as well as the date of purchase. See the General RMA Terms and Procedures section for more information. RMA’s are valid for 30 days and will be issued to authorized Contemporary Research dealers only. End users must return products through authorized Contemporary Research dealers. Include the assigned RMA number in all correspondence with Contemporary Research. Write the assigned RMA number clearly on the shipping label of the box when returning the product. Voided Warranty: The warranty does not apply if the original serial number has been removed or if the product has been disassembled or damaged through misuse, accident, acts of God, weather, modifications, use of incorrect, modified or extended power supply, or unauthorized repair.
Shipping and Handling: Contemporary Research will not pay for inbound shipping transportation or insurance charges or accept any responsibility for laws and ordinances from inbound transit. Contemporary Research will pay for outbound shipping, transportation, and insurance charges for all items under warranty, but will not assume responsibility for loss and/or damage by the outbound freight carrier. If the return shipment appears damaged, retain the original boxes and packing material for inspection by the carrier. Contact your carrier immediately.
Products not under Warranty: Payment arrangements are required before outbound shipment for all out of warranty products.
General RMA Terms and Procedures: RMA’s are valid for 30 days and will be issued only to authorized Contemporary Research dealers.
- End users must return products through authorized Contemporary Research dealers.
- Before a defective product can be authorized to send in for repair, it must first go through the troubleshooting process with a member of the Contemporary Research Technical Support team.
- Products authorized for repair must have a valid RMA (Return Material Authorization) number.
- Contemporary Research Technical Support will approve the issue of an RMA number.
- An RMA number is to be included in all correspondence with Contemporary Research.
- The RMA number must appear clearly on the shipping label when the product is returned.
- A packing slip must be included on the inside of the box with the RMA number listed and reason for RMA return.
- Products received at Contemporary Research that do not have a valid RMA number clearly marked on the outside of the shipping container may be refused and returned to sender.
- Boxes showing external damage will be refused and sent back to the sender regardless of the clearly marked RMA number and will remain the responsibility of the sender.
RMA Charges (Restocking): All requests for product return for credit must be approved by Sales management. A minimum 15% restocking fee will be charged for each item returned for credit.
- Products returned for credit 30 days from shipment with a replacement order submitted to Contemporary Research sales department of equal or greater value may avoid a restocking fee.
- Restocking fee is dependent on product age, physical condition, and if the product is unopened, in original packaging with all original materials.
- No products can be returned for credit after 180 days from the initial shipment of the products.
All products returned for credit are subject to a restocking charge without exception.
Shipments of equipment that are refused upon attempted delivery, for any reason, are subject to restocking charges.
Advanced Replacement Policies:
- For Contemporary Research manufactured products, advance replacement will be provided for “out-of-the-box” failures up to thirty (30) days after the initial shipment of products.
Advance Replacement Procedures:
The authorized Contemporary Research dealer must contact Contemporary Research Technical Support to request an advance replacement RMA and submit a non-revocable purchase order for advance replacement equipment at normal dealer pricing. Credit shall be issued upon complete product return (including all accessories) for dealers with Net 30 terms. For credit card accounts, charges will be assessed to the credit card for the replacement and a credit memo will be issued upon complete product return.
- Returns must be made in the original Contemporary Research packaging with all original materials if at all possible. Products with missing original materials will be billed to the dealer at dealer price.
- Equipment returned with “No Trouble Found” after advanced replacement will be assessed a full 15% or $50.00 restocking fee (whichever is greater) for each item and may also be assessed for additional charges to compensate for wear, damages and reconditioning.
- All returns must be accompanied by RMA # as stated above.
- All Advanced Replacement products are sent via UPS ground within the contiguous United States of America. If the product is requested to be sent via expedited shipping, the dealer shall pay shipping costs. The dealer can elect to supply their preferred shipping account number.
- International customers are responsible for all freight charges for equipment returned to Contemporary Research, including international shipping, taxes, and duties, insurance and all other associated logistic charges.
Warranty Repair Terms and Procedures:
Contemporary Research will repair any product free of charge, including parts and labor, within the terms outlined in the warranty agreement for that product.
- Customers must provide proof of the product’s purchase date.
- Product that is within the warranty period will be repaired under the non-warranty terms if:
- The equipment has been damaged by negligence, accident, act of God, weather, mishandling, used with the incorrect, modified or extended power supply or has not been operated in accordance with the procedures described in the operating and technical instructions.
- The equipment has been altered or repaired by other than the Manufacturer or an authorized service representative.
- Adaptations or accessories other than those manufactured or provided by the Manufacturer have been made or attached to the equipment, which in the determination of the Manufacturer, shall have affected the performance, safety of reliability of the equipment; or the equipment’s original serial number has been modified or removed.
- Customer is responsible for shipping charges to send defective product under warranty to Contemporary Research. Contemporary Research will pay ground service return shipping charges during the warranty period.
- Standard return shipping method for products under warranty is ground shipment. Extra charges associated with priority shipping, when requested, will be the responsibility of the customer.
Non-Warranty Repair Terms:
Contemporary Research will repair any non-obsolete product that does not meet the terms of the warranty. Non-warranty repair terms are as follows:
- The customer is responsible for, and agrees to pay, all parts and labor costs associated with the repair.
Standard non-warranty repair charges are outlined below.
- Customers must provide payment method and one of the following, prior to product repair
- Hard copy of a PO, for dealers with Net 30 terms and in good standing with Contemporary Research.
- Valid credit card number for prepay dealers - Credit card will be charged upon shipping repaired product back to customer.
- Customer is responsible for all shipping charges both to and from Contemporary Research, and may use their own carrier.
- Customers will receive a notification of total repair charges prior to return shipping.
Non-Warranty Repair Charges:
Total repair charges (per unit) for a non-warranty repair consist of the following:
- Cost of any replacement parts needed to repair the defect.
- Labor costs billed per hour after minimum charges/time.
- Labor charges include troubleshooting and repair time only.
- Burn-in time and final test time is not included in the labor charges.
- Labor time is rounded to the nearest quarter hour.
- Labor charges are billed at the prevailing rate for the category of equipment repaired, after minimum charges/time. For prevailing labor rates, please contact the Contemporary Research Sales Department.
- All shipping and handling costs are the responsibility of the customer for non-warranty repairs.
Repair Charge Estimates:
Estimates on repair charges for a specific problem will not be given over the phone. Repair estimates, if requested, will be given after the service department receives and evaluates the unit.
- The Contemporary Research Sales will email with the estimate after evaluating the unit and before proceeding with the repair.
- Any product evaluated for a repair estimate is still subject to the minimum labor charges even if the customer decides not to proceed with the repair.
- Contemporary Research does not guarantee estimates given on repair charges. Actual repair costs may exceed the estimate.
- Customer is responsible for actual repair charges, regardless of estimate.
Repair Policy Notes:
- Duration of Repair: Products are repaired on a first come first serve basis. The turn-a-round time of a particular repair is dependent upon circumstances such as product type, the nature of the problem and current repair volumes. Requests for expedited repair service will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Repair Warranty: Contemporary Research guarantees all of its repair work, performed on non-warranty items, for 90 days from the day the repaired product is shipped back to the customer. If the original problem described was not resolved or reoccurs within the 90-day period, Contemporary Research will repair the unit free of labor charges. However, additional material charges may apply unless the parts used to affect the repair are again deemed defective.
Open a Ticket
Contemporary Research's dedication to providing the highest level of technical support is unrivaled. Highly experienced and knowledgeable product experts are available online or over the phone.