More about AV Tuners
Often times it can be useful to have a tuner in your AV installation. Not all displays can tune TV channels; video projectors and monitors do not have built-in TV tuners to receive off-air or cable TV signals. Tuners can also be used to monitor live camera feeds or over the air broadcasts. Presentation room switchers often need a dedicated tuner that can be routed to displays on demand. Contemporary Research has established a reputation for bringing superior tuner technology to the AV market.
About 232-ATSC + HDTV Tuner
The 232-ATSC+ HDTV Tuner is an integrator-friendly HDTV tuner, controllable 2-way RS-232 and discrete IR commands.
Replaces232-ATSC HDTV Tuner
Full Description & Specifications
The 232-ATSC+ HDTV Tuner is an integrator-friendly HDTV tuner, controllable 2-way RS-232 and discrete IR commands. As a universal TV tuner, the 232-ATSC+ can receive ATSC, NTSC, and clear QAM cable channels from switchable Off-Air and Cable RF inputs.
Controllable via RS-232 or IR, up to two compact 232-ATSC+ tuners can fit within 2 or 1.5 rack spaces.
The tuner displays broadcasts through simultaneous HDMI, RGB/Component, and NTSC composite video or connections. Full-time audio is available from Dolby® 5.1/PCM digital HDMI, optical, and coax ports, as well as variable-level analog stereo audio outputs.
- Tunes ATSC off-air, clear QAM cable, and analog channels
- Always-active HDMI and composite video, as well as stereo, and digital coax and TOSlink optical audio ports
- VGA or Component outputs switchable from front-panel settings or RS-232 control
- Dolby® 5.1 or PCM/Variable PCM digital audio formats for digital audio ports and HDMI
- Front-panel and onscreen menus for tuner setup and scanning, new buttons eliminate need for IR remote for setup
- Supports dual Air/Cable tuning with optional RF switch
- Analog and digital closed captioning
- Upscales SD and analog channels
- Rack-mountable in 1.5RU, two across
- Full ASCII 2-way RS-232 commands, AMX, Crestron, and RTI modules avaialable, discrete IR commands
- RS-232 can be daisy-chained to control up to 9 tuners from a single RS-232 port
- Works with free Tuner Helper control panel/setup software, operates over RS-232 or Ethernet with IP-232 Interface
- Field updatable for control and HD processing firmware
- Green Machine - consumes less power than previous 232-ATSC, meets ROHS and California energy-saving standards
Distribution: AV over RF
- Display: Red LED Channel Display, dot separated major and minor channel numbers, dot at end indicates Off-Air tuning
- IR: IR sensor
- Control: Power , Menu, and Select buttons, navigation using Up and Down (Channel Up and Down) buttons
- Left and Right (Volume Up and Down) buttons
- LEDs: RS-232 RX (Yellow), RS-232 TX (Red)
- RF In: Air/Cable, ‘F’, female, 75 ohm impedance, -10 to 15 dBmV typical Supports dual Cable and Air tuning with optional RF-AB RF A-B Switch
- AV Output: Simultaneous HDMI, RGB/Component, and video out - switchable RGB/Component. Simultaneous HDMI (PCM), digital coax and optical (AC-3 or PCM), stereo audio.
- Video Out: RCA composite video output, 1V p-p at 75 ohm impedance Simultaneous 480i
- Component Out: 3 RCA Y, Pr, Pb outputs (1080i/720p/480p/480i)
- Digital Audio S/PDIF: Coax and TOSlink optical output, Dolby 5.1/PCM
- Analog Audio Out: Stereo RCA audio, Mono, Stereo, or SAP, variable level
- RGB Out: VGA RGBHV DB-15 female (1080i/720p/480p, 59.94 Hz)
- HDMI: HDMI receptacle, Type A, HD video and digital audio (in PCM mode), version 1.3 (1080i/720p/480p), HDCP
- RS-232 Control: DB-9 male, RS-232 data link to control system or PC, link up to 9 tuners, 300-19,200 baud (9600 default)
- A/C (Air/Cable): 3.5 mm output to operate the optional RF-AB RF Switch , -10 to 15 DC typical
- IR In: 3.5 mm stereo input for external IR sensor or wired IR (no carrier, discrete codes available)
- Power In: 2.1mm coaxial jack (inside center conductor positive)
- 1 A maximum, 11.5 to 15 VDC, 12 VDC typical
- On-Screen: Displays on-screen analog and digital captioning on all video ports.
- Captioning Data: HDMI, RGB, and Component ports don’t have the ability to carry captioning data.
- Captioning data from both analog and digital channel is carried on Line 21 on the composite video port.
- Frequency Range: NTSC, ATSC (8-VSB) and Clear QAM (cable) television 55.25 to 801.25 MHz
- DTV Resolution: ATSC/QAM 1080i/720p/480p/480i
- Tuning: Off-air 14-69 (NTSC and 8-VSB) and CATV 1-135 (Analog, 64QAM, 256QAM, 8-VSB)
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3, 16:9 (Digital), 4:3, 16:9, Zoom (Analog channels)
- Captioning: DTV and analog, set by program or customized for size, font and display attributes
- Lock: Parental option for channels and/or rating