More about Audio
Contemporary Research has designed niche audio products that offer controlled audio enhancement and new innovations in sound masking.
About 232-AMP + Stereo Mixer/Amplifier
The Contemporary Research 232-Amp + is a compact, programmable mixer/amplifier aimed at integration with flat-panel displays and video projectors, now updated with more audio power.
Related Equipment & Software
Full Description & Specifications
The Contemporary Research 232-Amp+ is a compact, programmable mixer/amplifier aimed at integration with flat-panel displays and video projectors, now updated with more audio power. The versatile amp features a stereo line-level display/projector audio input and two mono aux inputs, and outputs stereo sound at 32/40W RMS. The aux inputs mix levels with the stereo input, and can be set to mute or lower other inputs when active, ideal for wireless mics and paging applications. The Class D amplifier is highly energy-efficient, using 90% of DC power for amplification, operating with very little heat, and consuming almost no power at all when quiet.
When combined with a CR tuner and pole mount bracket, the 232-Amp+ serves as an integrated AV tuning/audio solution for video projector installations. The optional SMA bracket (shown above) mounts the 232-Amp to the top of CR tuners, and a single RS-232 port can control a 232-series tuner and amp.
Full RS-232 control and status is available, allowing integration with custom control systems. In addition to setting master gain and input levels, the commands can also set max and minimum gain, and aux input threshold and ducking levels. Installers can adjust performance manually in the field using onboard switches and level potentiometer.
- Drives stereo speakers at 16W watts per channel @ 8 ohms, 20W per chanel @ 4 ohms
- Mixes one stereo line input with two mono inputs, mono inputs can "duck" other inputs, with programmable ducking on/off, threshold, timing, and mute levels
- Features programmable input levels, maximum and minimum gain, and volume (volume affects stereo input, mono inputs are fixed)
- UL 2043 plenum rated
- Mounts on projector pole when combined with CR tuner and PoleCat pole mount
- Offers field adjustment with onboard DIP switches and level potentiometer
- Integrates via 2-way RS-232 with three options:
- Connect to data link on new iC-Net tuners for interactive volume control
- Control from AMX, Crestron or other custom control systems
- Daisy-chain RS-232 control with a 232-series tuner (Amp is Device 1)
- Links 12 VDC power to CR tuner to provide single power source for amp and CR tuner (less Watts at 12 VDC)
- Connects speakers and control from captive screw terminals
- Stereo: Stereo 1/8” jack, unbalanced, 7.5K ohms impedance, 1.4 V RMS max
- Programmable input level
- Mono Inputs 1 and 2: Two Mono 3.5mm jack, unbalanced, 7.5K ohms, 1.4 V RMS max
- Programmable for input level and ducking gating, timing, and mute levels
- Gain Potentiometer: Adjusts volume in normal operation
- DIP switches on bottom of 232-AMP interact with Gain for field setup of stereo and mono inputs
- Operation: Master volume commands affects Stereo only
- Speakers: 5-pin captive-screw terminal for stereo speaker installation, 8 or 4 ohm
- Watts 18 VDC: 32W RMS (16W per channel) @ 8 ohms, 40W RMS (20W per channel) @ 4 ohms
- Watts 12 VDC: 16W RMS (8W per channel) @ 8 ohms, 30W RMS (15W per channel) @ 4 ohms
- Gain: Max gain 20 db (default), programmable to 26, 32, or 36 db
- THD + Noise: 0.25% typical
- Response: +/-1 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, 1 watt output
- Crosstalk: >65 dB @ 1 kHz, >58 dB @ 20 kHz
- Protection: Thermal and short-circuit protected, auto-recovery
- 5-pin captive-screw terminal
- RS-232: GND, TX and RX
- Signal (Sig)- future IR input
- Power (V+): 18/12 VDC output to tuner or accessory
- DIP switches on bottom of 232-AMP interact with Gain for field setup
- Power LED: Green LED lights when DC power is active
- Power In: 2-pin Captive Screw Terminal
- 3 A maximum @ 18 VDC, 11.5 to 19 VDC, 18VDC typical
- 5405-001, PS18-3 Power Supply
232-AMP +W Stereo Mixer/Amplifier
The Contemporary Research 232-Amp +W is a compact, programmable mixer/amplifier aimed at integration with flat-panel displays and video projectors, now updated with more audio power.