Digital RF – The Simple Solution to Distribute Digital Media
There are two pathways for distributing digital media facility-wide – IPTV and RF coax. While interest in IPTV is high, actual adoption of IPTV has been slow. At the same time, digital RF installations have been exploding. Why? RF is digital media distribution – simplified. In this course we’ll learn how RF systems work, and how digital RF channels are encoded, integrated, distributed and tuned. We’ll explore the cross-point between RF HDTV and IPTV, as well as how to integrate TV control through the RF network.
Participants attending this course will be able to:
- Understand the basic similarities and differences between RF and IP media distribution
- Know how to discern if RF is the right choice for an application
- Be able to work out the basics of matching media sources and modulators and combining the channels
- Factor losses in a simple RF design
- Add control over RF using the three basic components of software, control channel, and TV controllers
Participants should register for the on demand session and evaluation below. The evaluation must be completed with a passing score to obtain a certificate and CTS credit for this course. If you have attended our course in person you may move straight to the evaluation portion of the on demand course. Participants must answer 8 questions correctly to receive CTS credit. If you have any questions about this course you may e-mail us at email@example.com.
course expires 05/05/2022